Archived USB 3.1 Specification
Universal Serial Bus Revision 3.1 Specification (.zip
file format, size 66.1 MB) provides the technical details to understand
USB 3.1 requirements and design USB 3.1 compatible products.
Modifications to the USB 3.1 specification are made through Engineering
Change Notices (ECNs). Enclosed in this zip file are the following
- The USB 3.1 Specification released on July 26, 2013 and ECNs approved through March, 2016
- USB 3.1 Appendix E: Repeaters
- USB 3.0 Adopters Agreement
- On-The-Go and Embedded Host Supplement to the USB Revision 3.0 Specification Revision 1.1 as of May 10, 2012
- Inter-Chip Supplement to the USB Revision 3.0 Specification, Revision 1.02 as of May 19, 2014
- USB 3.1 Device Class Specification for Debug Devices as of July 14, 2015
- USB Type-CTM Port Controller Interface Specification as of July, 2016
- USB Type-CTM Locking Connector Specification, March 9, 2016
- USB Type-CTM
and Connector Specification Revision 1.2, March 25, 2016 and ECNs
- USB Power Delivery Specification Rev. 2.0, Version 1.2, March 25, 2016 and ECNs, and corresponding Adopters Agreement
- USB Authentication Specification Rev. 1.0, March 25, 2016
USB 3.0 Specification
Universal Serial Bus 3.0 Specification (.pdf
file format, size 32.4 MB) provides the technical details to understand
USB 3.0 requirements and design USB 3.0 compatible products. This
specification has been superseded by the Universal Serial Bus 3.1 specification and is provided here for reference only.
THIS SPECIFICATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS"
AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT
LIMITATION, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, NO WARRANTY OF
MERCHANTABILITY, AND NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
ALL WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
USER ASSUMES THE FULL RISK OF USING THIS
SPECIFICATION. IN NO EVENT SHALL USB-IF BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL,
DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM SUCH
USE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Intellectual Property Rights Notices
page contains links to a reproduction of letters received by the USB-IF
from patent owners asserting intellectual property rights that may be
pertinent to the implementation of a USB specification. For specific
information regarding the licensing of intellectual property rights
arising from a particular USB Specification, the reader should consult
the appropriate USB Adopters Agreement for that specification.
Notice to all
readers: The USB-IF is providing this information as a courtesy to our
members 'AS IS' and without warranty of any kind. The USB-IF is not
responsible for content of the individual postings. The USB-IF will not
be responsible for identifying patents for which a license may be
required by a USB Specification nor for conducting inquiries into the
legal validity or scope of those patents that are brought to its