USB Vendor Info File Generator
USB Vendor Info File Generator Version 220.127.116.11 (Updated September 13, 2018) can be downloaded here.
USB20CV is the compliance test tool which evaluates High, Full and Low-speed USB devices for conformance to the USB Device Framework (Chapter 9), Hub device class (Chapter 11), HID class, and OTG specifications. Also included are mass storage class and USB video class specification tests. All USB peripherals and hubs are required to pass the Device Framework tests in order to gain certification. The other tests are mandatory for certification when supported. This tool takes control over the USB host controller and renders all products connected to it unusable. USB3CV should not be installed an oscilloscope or any system that uses USB as its only form of input from the user.
The USB20CV tool Ver. 18.104.22.168 is available below
- If you have installed a previous version of the USB 2.0 Command Verifier, you must uninstall it before installing the new version
- The USB20CV tool is supported on Windows 7 and above only.
- Please download the Company List and save as usb.if in the same directory as USB20CV.
- Please do not install this tool on a machine that already has previous versions of USB20CV installed. This tool requires an Enhanced Host Controller Interface, EHCI. If testing Full or Low-speed devices, an intervening Hi-Speed USB Hub is required. USB20CV uses a special purpose driver for the Hi-Speed USB Host Controller. USB20CV automatically replaces the standard Microsoft EHCI host driver with its own test stack driver. When USB20CV exits, the original standard Microsoft EHCI host driver is restored. Stack switching has been extensively tested with Microsoft EHCI drivers only. Stack switching has not been tested with USB 2.0 host controller drivers provided by other vendors. Please read the Release Notes for details
USB Electrical Analysis Tool 20
USBET20 is a stand-alone electrical signal analysis tool for USB Compliance testing. USBET20 is the official compliance electrical analysis tool that performs pass/fail assessments on signal quality and inrush current data captured from an oscilloscope.
The USBET20 tool Ver. 1.31.03 (8MB, August 2017) is available below.
• USBET20 32-bit Windows
USBET20 accepts .tsv and .csv data files generated by USB-IF approved digital oscilloscopes and produces the familiar .html results files of the analysis.
NOTE 1: The only official analysis tool for certifying signal quality and inrush current is USBET20 published by the USB-IF. Some of the approved oscilloscope test solutions use proprietary software to assess signal quality and inrush current events. Please be sure to run captured signal quality and inrush current test data through USBET20 for an official assessment of the measurement.
NOTE 2: The USBHSET tool works on Windows 7 and above only.
This tool kit contains the Window-based HSETT utility used to initiate test modes on an EHCI host controller. Detailed test procedures for high-speed host, hub and device electrical testing, tailored to common test equipment, can be downloaded here. A USB Electrical Analysis Tool is available separately for download (see USBET above). The procedures for legacy testing can be found in the USB-IF Compliance Program area. This software provided courtesy of Intel Corporation.
The USBHSET tool Ver. 22.214.171.124 is available below.
HSET Documentation version 0.41 for EHCI and xHCI
NOTE: The USBHSET tool works on Windows 7 and above only. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like an old version of the tool that supports XP.
QuadDraw and QuadraView
See the USB 3.2 Tools page for information.
USBHTT is a compliance test tool which evaluates Hi-Speed USB Hubs for conformance to the USB Hub device class (Chapter 11). USBHTT suite focuses on protocol evaluation of the transaction translator unit in high-speed hubs.
The USBHTT Ver. 1.2(11 MB, July 2003) is available below.
- USBHTT.msi 32-bit Windows 2000 or Windows XP
The 1.2 release is a requirement for Hi-Speed USB Hub silicon certification. It is not required for end product hub certification.
This software release will only work on Windows 2000 and Windows XP. Please check the release notes and accompanying documentations for details on using USBHTT and how to provide the USB-IF feedback on issues and suggestions. Some of the USBHTT tests require custom test devices. These devices may be ordered from the USB-IF eStore page USBHTT version 1.2 is a maintenance release that fixes test issues, improves logging features, and removes some tests from required sequences.
USB2.0 Type-C™ Electrical Test Fixtures
USB USB 2.0 Type-C™ Electrical Test Fixtures
Fixtures for testing the USB2.0 electrical compliance parameters for USB Type-C™ devices, hosts and hubs are available and exists of two fixtures:
1. USB2.0 Type-C™ plug test fixture (FS-HUCP)
2. USB2.0 Type-C™ receptacle test fixture (FS-HUCR)
Technical and purchase details can be found at http://testusb.com/TypeC20.html
Allion USB 2.0 Type-C™ Electrical Test Fixtures
These fixtures maintain same test mechanism and methodology with previous design.
There are several fixtures for testing compliance electrical parameters on USB Type-C™ devices, hosts and hubs, as follows:
- 15cm USB Type-C™ C to C Plug Cable with impedance control
- USB Type-C™ receptacle test fixture
Detailed Information can be found at http://www.allion.com/index.php?view=custom1&d=125
Please download the Company List and save as usb.if in the same directory where USBCV was installed. Please check the installation instructions for USBCV for details. Remember this list changes almost daily, be sure to get a fresh copy when you use the tools.
The VIDs included on this list have been obsoleted and are not valid.
Please review the USB-IF Compliance Updates webpage frequently for the latest information regarding the USB-IF Compliance Program.