COVID and Infectious Diseases:
This event is subject to health and safety rules or protocol established by USB-IF, the venue, or any applicable local or other governmental authorities relating to COVID and other infectious diseases. Participants in the event must abide by any such rules and protocol, including the USB-IF Duty of Care document, and must agree to the USB-IF COVID and Infectious Diseases Agreement and Waiver/Release. We are asking all participants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before attending the event and submit their proof of vaccination to USB-IF Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24hrs of registering. As has been the case in the past, circumstances may change in relation to COVID-19, and attendees are responsible for managing risks associated with travel to or attendance at the event, e.g., procuring travel insurance or making travel and lodging arrangements that allow cancellations or give credits.
What: This year’s USB Developer Days will focus on the latest updates to USB4®, USB Type-C®, and USB Power Delivery for the fastest, most powerful USB solution to date. This will be the first time that in-depth technical sessions will cover the USB4® Version 2.0 specification updates enabling USB4® 80Gbps data performance.
When: November 15 – 16, 2022
Cost: Early-Bird Members (until October 17, 2022) US$395.00
Late Members (after October 18, 2022) US$545.00
No refunds will be made on cancellations.
Attendees must register for this event in advance. On-site registration prohibited.
Registration closes on Friday, October 28, 2022 at 5:00PM US PT, or when the event sells out.
Technical Sessions (subject to change):
The agenda below represents what you can expect including 19 hours of in-depth technical content organized into two technical tracks.
- Welcome Keynote and Branding Overview
- USB Branding in Depth
- USB Type-C® System Overview
- Basic USB system fundamentals and how the family of USB specifications work together for a complete solution
- USB4® Sessions – 13 sessions includes covering the new capabilities of the USB4 Version 2.0 specification
- USB4® System Overview
- Electricals, Logical Layers, Re-Timers and Time Management Unit
- Transport, Configuration and Connection Manager
- Tunneling Protocols including SuperSpeed USB, DisplayPort and PCIe
- System Design and Cable Design, and including covering USB4 LRD Cables
- USB4® Compliance
- USB Type-C® and USB Power Delivery Sessions – four sessions
- USB Power Delivery Fundamentals and USB Type-C® Discovery
- USB Type-C® & Power Delivery – Charging and Delivering up to 240W
- Additional Sessions – four sessions
- USB 3.2 LRD Cables
- USB Optical Active Cables
- Embedded USB 2.0 (eUSB2) – special session this year
- Google – ChromeOS USB Type-C® and USB PD Software and Firmware for 2022
Grand Hyatt Seoul
322 Sowol-ro, Hannam-dong,
Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea, 04347
Tel: +82 2 797 1234
Sponsor and Exhibitor Opportunities:
Applications for sponsors and exhibitors are being accepted now. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to increase your company’s exposure at this event and demonstrate your company's industry leadership in advancing the USB landscape.
The group room block is at the Grand Hyatt Seoul. To receive the group sleeping room rate of KRW $245,000 plus service charge and tax per night (complimentary guest room wi-fi and daily breakfast included), attendees should make reservations through the following booking link:
IMPORTANT: The room reservation deadline is 5:00pm KST on October 24th, 2022. Reservations received after this date are subject to availability and room type and will be offered at prevailing hotel rates. Hotel check-in time is 3:00PM. Check-out time is 11:00AM.
The Grand Hyatt Seoul operates a 24hr automated parking system.
Event guests may register their plate number to receive complimentary 8hr self-service parking.