Please review the USB-IF Compliance Updates webpage frequently for the latest information regarding the USB-IF Compliance Program. The updates may contain information on test requirements and/or test procedures.
Subscribe to the USB-IF Compliance Update Mailing List by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register Your Product for Testing
USB4 Compliance Test Specification (June 8, 2023)
USB4 Electrical Compliance Test Specification (Version 1.03 June 8, 2022)
Compliance Test Specifications Covered in USB4CV
Download these here.
The list below is the complete list of all approved USB4 oscilloscopes and BERTs. All Scopes and BERTs meet the minimum requirements defined in the USB4 Electrical CTS. All Oscilloscopes and BERTs meet the minimum requirements defined in the USB4 Electrical CTS including TBT3 Compatibility.
- Keysight Oscilloscope V, Z, and UXR series.
- Tektronix Oscilloscope DX and SX series
- Teledyne LeCroy Oscilloscope WaveMaster 8000HD and LabMaster 10 Zi-A Series
- Anritsu BERT MP1800 with external Emphasis box MP1825B and MP1900
- Keysight BERT M8020/M8040 series.
Automation Software Approved for USB4 Gen 2 and Gen 3 Electrical Testing
Note that these solutions are not approved for USB4 Gen 4.
Both TX and RX:
- GRL-USB4 TXv1.11 and GRL-USB4RXAv1.11 are approved for use with the Anritsu MP1900A Generator and Keysight Q-series, V-Series, Z-Series and UXR-Series Oscilloscopes
- Allion USB4v1-TX v1.0 and USB4v1-RX v1.0 are approved for use with the Anritsu MP1900A Generator and the Keysight V-Series, Z-Series and UXR-Series Oscilloscopes
- Keysight D9040USBCv18.104.22.168 and ValiFrame USB4 Receiver Test Software v3.1.0 are approved for use with the Keysight Generator and the Keysight V-Series, Z-Series and UXR-Series Oscilloscopes
- LeCroy QualiPHY QPHY-USB4-TXRX v10.3 is approved for use with the TL LabMaster Oscilloscope
- Keysight D9040USBC v22.214.171.124 Return Loss Test SW is approved for use with the following class of VNA:E5080B, N522xB, P5024/25A, and M9804/05A.
USB4 Interoperability Test Procedures For Peripherals, Hubs, Host version 1.02 (October 21, 2022)
Please visit the USB Compliance Tools page for downloads.